CITY COUNCIL MEETING
A G E N D A
Monday, November 15, 2004
7:00 P.M. – Council Chambers
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
V. PUBLIC HEARING – 1. Special Service Area No. One (Shoppes at Greenmount)
2. Special Service Area No. Two (Greenmount Commercial) 3. Special Service Area No. Three (Central Park Plaza #1) 4. Special Service Area No. Four (Regency Extension) 5. Amended annexation agreement for approximately 51.0 acres located on the south side of Milburn School Road, referred to as Milburn Estates Subdivision
6. Annexation agreement for approximately 5.11 acres located off of Bowler Road with Mark and Angela Musser
A. Residents of O’Fallon - Due to time constraints, comments are limited to 3 minutes. We also ask that a spokesperson be chosen to deliver the comment on behalf of the group. (When addressing the Council, please step up to the podium and speak into the microphone. We ask that you state name prior to delivering your remarks). Please sign on the sign-in sheet provided. Thank you.
B. Clerk’s Report
1. Request from the O’Fallon Homecoming Association to conduct the Homecoming Illuminated Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 4, 2004 at 6:00 p.m. and ending at 7:00 p.m., starting at First and Oak and ending at the City Park.
2. Request from Twisters Booster Club to conduct a raffle from November 20 – December 22, 2004.
C. Mayor’s Report
1. Presentation of winners of the Halloween Costume Contest
2. Proclamation declaring November 15, 2004 as Fulton Junior High Baseball Team Day
3. Residents of the Braeswood subdivision have requested a review of our tree policy, so I have asked the developers to temporarily suspend planting. Staff will work with the Community Development committee on recommended changes.
ITEM 1 - Resolution Authorizing the Mayor to Execute an Agreement with Bonus Building Care for Professional Commercial Cleaning Services for City Facilities in an amount not to exceed $9,360.00 per month (Click here for additional information)
ITEM 2 - Resolution Authorizing the Mayor to Execute a Revised Agreement with Wisper, Inc. Wireless Internet Service (Click here for additional information)
ITEM 3 – Resolution Authorizing the Mayor to Sign a Pre-Annexation Agreement with Mark and Angela Musser located at 2168 Bowler Road (Click here for more Information)
A. 1ST Reading
ITEM 4 - Ord. Providing for the Issuance of Special Service Area One, Shoppes at Greenmount, 2004A, Unlimited Ad Valorem Tax Bonds and Providing for the Levy of Direct Annual Taxes on Taxable Property (Click here for more Information)
ITEM 5 - Ord. Providing for the Issuance of Special Service Area Two, Greenmount Commercial, Series 2004B, Unlimited Ad Valorem Tax Bonds and Providing for the Levy of Direct Annual Taxes on Taxable Property
ITEM 6 - Ord. Providing for the Issuance of Special Service Area Three, Central Park Plaza #1, Series 2004C, Unlimited Ad Valorem Tax Bonds and Providing for the Levy of Direct Annual Taxes on Taxable Property
ITEM 7 - Ord. Providing for the Issuance of Special Service Area Four, Regency Extension, Series 2004D, Unlimited Ad Valorem Tax Bonds and Providing for the Levy of Direct Annual Taxes on Taxable Property
ITEM 8 - Ord. Adopting the 2003 International Building Code, 2003 International Fire Prevention Code, 2003 International Mechanical Code, 2003 International Property Maintenance Code, 2003 International Residential Code, 2003 International Existing Building Code, and the 2002 National Electrical Code (Click here for more Information)
ITEM 9 – Ord. Amending Chapter 137, Weapons and Explosives, regarding bow and arrow use (Click here for more Information)
B. 2ND Reading (The following items may be found on the website, November 1, 2004)
10. Ord. Authorizing the City to Purchase Real Estate consisting of 49.74 acres that is situated between Porter Road and Venita Drive
11. Ord. Authorizing the City to Purchase Real Estate consisting of 50 acres that is situated between Porter Road and Venita Drive
12. Ord. Amending Ord. 623, Zoning, Planned Use Development known as “Mark Feltman”
13. Ord. Approving the Final Plat of the First Phase of Cobblestone Ridge
IX. STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Community Development
2. Public Works
3. Public Safety – Minutes Attached
5. Parks/Environment – Minutes Attached - Motion to approve the repair and installation of a new roof for Diamond #1 in the Community Park
X. EXECUTIVE SESSION – Occasionally, the Council may go into closed session in order to discuss items covered under 5 ILCS 120/2 (b) which are as follows: Purchase, Lease or Sale of Real Estate, Employment/appointment matters, Legal matters, Business matters or Security/criminal matters.
XI. ACTION TAKEN ON EXECUTIVE SESSION ITEMS