Crime Free Rental Housing Program
The O’Fallon Crime-Free Rental Housing Program is a partnership between the City of O’Fallon, residential property owners, O’Fallon Police and renters to reduce crime in and around residential rental properties in the City of O’Fallon.
In order to obtain a Residential Renter License, all owners/managers/representatives must comply with the requirements of the O’Fallon Crime-Free Rental Housing Ordinance. These requirements include:
- Successful attendance of an eight hour Crime-Free Rental Housing seminar
- Attendance at the eight hour training must be within ninety days of application
- Each residential rental unit must pass a Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (C.P.T.E.D.) inspection
- Pay an annual license fee of $45 per rental unit (rate effective June 1, 2013)
- Add a Crime-Free Addendum to rental leases and obtain signatures from persons renting the unit(s)
- Must enforce the addendum by an eviction process after notification of sufficient violations by the lessee from the program coordinator
The program coordinator will work with all owners/managers/representatives to resolve all matters involving residential rental properties prior to any eviction process.
The City of O’Fallon looks forward to working with property owners and managers to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods by taking a proactive approach to crime.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the ordinance require a criminal background check for rental applicants?
- Does the ordinance require me to evict for one criminal incident?
- Doesn't the ordinance promote discrimination or profiling?
- How can I be held responsible for the actions of my tenant?
- Will my rental license be suspended or revoked any time a crime happens?
News & Announcements
- FCB Banks at 1501 W. Highway 50 to Open U.S. Postal Service Unit on Dec. 5
- Wesley Drive Closed at Jackson Street and Lakeshore Drive Beginning Nov. 26
- Holiday Safety Tips
- Open House Concerning the Relocation of the NGA Western Headquarters
- Small Business Open House at the O’Fallon-Shiloh Chamber of Commerce