Criminal Investigations Division
The Criminal Investigations Division of the O'Fallon Police Department supports the Patrol Division of the department by conducting reactive and proactive follow-up investigations of reported criminal activity. Such follow-up includes interviewing victims and witnesses, interrogating suspects, processing crime scenes and preparing criminal cases to be presented to the St. Clair County State's Attorney or Federal Magistrate for arrest and/or search warrants. Personnel assigned to this division possess special knowledge and skills in interviewing/ interrogation, crime scene processing, interpersonal communication and criminal law.
Detectives within the Division serve as active members with the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis, The Southern Illinois Child Death Investigative Task Force and Southern Illinois Cyber-Crimes Unit.
News & Announcements
- Construction on Seven Hills Road Sidewalk to Begin February 20, 2017
- Marcus J. Thornton Arrested for the Robbery at U.S. Bank on February 9, 2017
- Removal of Flowers & Decorations from City Cemetery by March 1
- Child Car Seat Check Up Event February 24, 2017
- O’Fallon Police Department Asking for Assistance in Investigating a Robbery at US Bank