Compliment & Complaint Form

How to File a Complaint

Anyone wishing to file a complaint or make an inquiry with the O’Fallon Police Department can do so by contacting the Department via telephone or by speaking directly to the supervisor on duty. We recommend that you ask for the officer in charge when making contact. Our policy directs officers and other employees to refer your complaint to a supervisor.

On some occasions, such as a misunderstanding of a policy or procedure, a complaint can be resolved by the supervisor during the initial contact. We encourage our supervisors to work with everyone to resolve their concerns. Nonetheless, each complaint is documented even if it is resolved at this initial level.

If a resolution at the supervisor level is not possible or the complaint is of a serious nature, a complaint may be filed using the Citizen Complaint Form available from the on-duty supervisor or the City’s web site 24 hours a day. In the event a personal appearance is not possible and you do not have access to the internet, a complaint form can be sent to you in the mail.

Forms should be sent to the attention of Captain Kirk Brueggeman at for e-mail or to the O'Fallon Police Department attention Captain Brueggeman for regular mail.