What is Exploring?
The Law Enforcement Explorer Program is a career education program for young men and women, High School student, or person not more than 20 years of age. which is sponsored by the Boy Scouts of America and the O’Fallon Police Department.
The program provides a means by which young adults can obtain valuable training and experience relating to law enforcement. By participating in the program young adults have the opportunity to decide whether or not to pursue a career in law enforcement
Exploring also provides for community involvement and to develop a better relationship between the community and the O’Fallon Police Department.
- High School student, or person not more than 20 years of age
- Be a high school student or possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Students must maintain a at least a “C” average in high school or college
- Must live in O’Fallon, Shiloh, or within the boundaries of O’Fallon High School District 203, unless special circumstances arise
- Must pass a background check
Explorers receive training in a variety of police functions, including but not limited to:
Traffic Crash Investigation
Explorers will be provided with many learning opportunities not available to the general public. Explorers will be allowed to observe dispatchers in the police telecommunications center.
Upon successful completion of a six-month probationary period, Explorers will be allowed to participate in a Ride Along program, and observe police work first hand.Explorers will also have the opportunity to participate in state and national explorer conferences.
During the conferences they will compete against other explorers in a variety of scenarios.
- Explorer meetings are bi-monthly and held at the O’Fallon Police Department. Meetings cover a variety of training issues and event preparation. Attendance to meetings is mandatory.
For More Information PLease contact one of the Explorer Post Advisors:
Ptl. Andrew Lampe firstname.lastname@example.org
Ptl. Diane Coppotelli email@example.com
Prl. Joe Wagner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Citizens Police Academy
- Crime Free Housing Unit
- Private Video Surveillance Camera Registration
- Truck Enforcement
- Child Car Seat Installations
- Community Engagement Programs
- Rape Aggression Defense for Women
- Senior Citizen's Police Academy
- Youth Police Academy
- Police Explorers