School Resource Officer
The O’Fallon Police Department, in partnership with O’Fallon Township High School District 203, has an officer assigned full time to District 203 throughout the school year. The School Resource Officer (SRO) is responsible for promoting positive relationships between the O’Fallon Police Department and the students, parents and staff of District 203. The SRO’s responsibility is to assist the professional staff with the safety of students and staff, and evaluate the security of the facilities.
The daily tasks of the SRO include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide law enforcement and police services to the school, school grounds, and areas adjacent to the school.
- Develop crime prevention programs and conduct security assessments.
- Assist school administration in emergency crisis planning.
- Attend and participate in school related functions.
- Develop and implement class instruction in law related topics.
- Participate in and lead appropriate in-service and workshop programs
- Promote student responsibility for behavior and attitude by serving as a role model.
- Attend Board of Education meetings.
For more information regarding the O’Fallon Police Department’s School Resource Officer program, please call 618-624-4545, ext 9554