Applications are accepted only at the O’Fallon Police Department located at 285 N. Seven Hills Rd. Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. After hours and weekend times are available by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 624-4545 for the records department.
The applicant must provide the follow:
- Complete and signed application and information release waiver.
- A photocopy of a government issued photo ID
- The non-refundable application fee $50.00, (exact cash, in-state business check, cashier’s check or money order)
- A photocopy of proof of possession of any license or permit which, under federal, state or local laws and regulations, the applicant is required to have in order to conduct the proposed business, or which, under any such laws or regulations, would exempt the applicant from the permit requirements of this chapter.
- Provide proof of a Surety Bond. The applicant’s employer or principal or if none, the applicant himself shall, before a permit is issued to the applicant, file with the City a Surety Bond in the amount of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) covering the applicant’s employer or principal, as the case may be, or if none the applicant himself. If more than one employee or agent of an employer or principal is issued a permit under this Chapter the Bond shall cover all such employees or agents. The Bond shall condition that the applicant shall comply fully with the ordinances of the City and statutes of the State of Illinois regulating the solicitors, and guaranteeing to the residents of this City of O’Fallon that all money paid to the applicant or his employer or principal will be accounted for or applied according to the representations of the applicant, and further guaranteeing to the residents of the City doing business with the applicant that the property purchased will be delivered according to the representations of the applicant. Actions on such Bond may be brought by the person aggrieved and for whose benefit among others the Bond is given.
- Allow photographs to be taken for Permit purposes
The City has 15 days to review and approve/deny the application
Do Not Contact List
Any resident that would like to be added to the Do Not Contact List, which would indicate that solicitors can not come to their residence, please email Daryl Ostendorf with your address.
Upon approval of the application for a permit, as hereinbefore stated, the Director of Public Safety shall issue credentials to the applicant which credentials shall be issued over the name of the Director of Public Safety, and to which shall be appended a photograph of the applicant. Such credentials must be worn by the solicitor within the City when soliciting. The credentials will be worn in such a manner as to be readily visible to all individuals being solicited.