Meter Pit Installation Detail - Information on the proper placement of the water service line.
Water Service Line Information - Information on depth and type of water line.
- Should have “l” or “k” copper or 200 psi plastic water line to be connected to the meter pit.
- Service line should be within 10-12 feet from back of curb and the line 36” deep from grade of yard.
- Shut off valve must be installed on the customer’s side of the house.
- The service line needs to be run out to the middle of the yard. If the house sits on a corner lot contact the operations group with any questions.
- FIRE SAFETY (425 ILCS 20/) Fire Hydrant Act. (425 ILCS 20/0.01) (from Ch. 127 1/2, par. 850) Sec. 0.01. Short title. This Act may be cited as the Fire Hydrant Act. (Source: P.A. 86‑1324.) (425 ILCS 20/1) (from Ch. 127 1/2, par. 851) Sec. 1. Any fire hydrant installed or replaced after the effective date of this Act shall have a discharge that is maintained at least 14 inches, but not more than 26 inches, from the surface from which the hydrant protrudes. No object shall be constructed, maintained or installed within 48 inches of a fire hydrant. It shall be unlawful to install, maintain, construct or enlarge any barriers, trees, bushes, walls, or other obstacles which may hide or impede the use of a fire hydrant. (Source: P.A. 85‑343.)
AFTER SERVICE LINE AND VALVE ARE INSTALLED, CONTACT PUBLIC WORKS AT 624-4500, Ext. 3 TO SCHEDULE A WATER TAP
ALLOW 3 WEEKS FOR COMPLETION