Home Occupations and Home Child Care

Forms and information about home-based businesses

Home Occupation Application Packet - Memo of instruction, ordinance, and forms to be completed and submitted to Community Development Department to have your home-based business approved.

Home Child Care Application Packet - Letter of instruction and forms to be completed. Completed packet to be submitted to the Community Development Department.

Home Occupation Change of Address Form - Form to be used when a City-approved home based business is moving to a new residence in O'Fallon.

Home Occupation Ordinance Excerpts - These are excerpts from the City's Code of Ordinances regarding the Home Occupation (Home-Based Business) regulations.

Solicitor Permits - Applications for Solicitor Permits are accepted at the O'Fallon Police Department.  This heading will link you to the OFPD webpage providing information about Solicitor Permits.

Information from Dept. of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) - Helpful information from DCEO for potential business owners. You will find general information about starting your business, a link to their "Starting Your Business in Illinois" handbook, and many other links to help answer your questions.

DCEO Website - Click this heading and you will be redirected to the official DCEO website.

St. Clair County Clerk- Click this heading and you will be redirected to the official St. Clair County Clerk's page. You will need to file paperwork with the County Clerk when using an assumed name AKA "doing business as".